Looking for a career with a strong emphasis on professional development?
We’re looking for someone who wants a “career in caring.” If you have academic training or a professional background in education, guidance, social work or physical education, apply to join our Club today.
We accept resumes for open positions only. We kindly ask that you do not call or email. We receive hundreds of resumes each month and regret that we cannot speak to each applicant personally. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted.
View Open Positions Below
All employees are subject to pre-employment background checks including motor vehicle reports.
or click this link if you have no resume to attach: Employment Application
TITLE: Program Assistant
PERFORMANCE PROFILE SOURCE: Youth Development Professional
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Implements, supervises and evaluates all youth programs at the Club and/or Ball Park provided in program area of Academic Success, Good Character & Citizenship, and Healthy Lifestyles.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Ensure programs, services and activities that prepare youth for success are being implemented; promoting safety of members and quality in programs at all times. Provide guidance and role modeling to members and staff.
- Contributes to the planning and implementation of the strategic plan by:
- Planning, organizing and implementing a range of program services and activities for drop in members and visitors.
- Initiating new programs with the approval of the Program Director.
- Recommend the development of service area programs.
- Promote and stimulate program participation and ensure outcomes.
3. Ensure quality improvement by monitoring and evaluating program achievement against target goals, recommending modifications that respond to member needs and interests and participating in monthly staff meetings.
4. Ensure a healthy and safe environment, supervising members in program areas.
5. Assist in the Management of the facilities during hours of operation and ensure a productive work environment, maintaining an inventory of all program equipment and supplies in good order. Recommend requisitions, as necessary, to Program Director.
6. Assist in the administrative systems by registering new members and participating in their club orientation process.
7. Provide outcomes for each year including pre and post test results.
- Previous work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the development needs of youg people desired.
- Thorough knowledge of youth development
- Demonstrated ability in working with appropriate age youth
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to train, supervise and motivate staff and volunteers
- Ability to deal effectively with members' discipline problems (Guidance & Discipline)
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
ENVIRONMENT & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.